Easter Saturday
Going to get the newspaper this am was fun. The red wing blackbirds were still out there in the field singing.
I love that old picture of Tom and Marty with Alice and the bunny. It reminded my of my bunny.
I gathered the Easter flowers to surround my old bunny. My Aunt Eleanor gave him to me when I was born and I'm sure that I never swallowed any of it's button eyes over the years. He was always my favorite for rubbing his fuzzy ears when I sucked my thumb. His ears wore out and grandma Galanski sewed on some new ones. They are polka dot which I never thought was right but I would never have told her that. Maybe in her natural wisdom she knew that it would help me to stop sucking my thumb. Thanks Aunt Eleanor and Grandma! I still love this little guy and I stopping sucking my thumb.

1 comment:
Love your bunny ..... what character!
I think Grandma was giving him/her a make over. & I must say "charming!"
remember the days when people would REPAIR little treasures? what a different world....
Post a Comment