Easter Sunday

Vesh-is-wago Alleluia! (How is it spelled Alice?)
We're not going to Sweetest Hearts today but I remember being there for Easter and they had Easter Lilies on all of the little shelves where there was a statue of some saint.
Farmers market was going on yesterday morning in Ann Arbor despite the snow and we got fresh spinach and lettace. Spring can not be too far away.
We're going to opening day at Tiger Stadium a week from tomorrow!! So it better warm up. We got our regular season ticket seats too which must mean we are moving up in the world! Will you be in town for that Alice?

12 comments:
Patty, we`ll be in Det on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We would stay over if we had tickets for opening day. At least we`ll be in Ford Field to watch the basketball, while you`ll be out in the cold! We have tickets to a Tigers game in Aug. and yes, my good kids came through and got us a suite for our anniversary, Sunday Sept. 28th. Only bad part is we can only have 40 tickets. That just about covers my family!
I talked with Uncle Tony yesterday. Aunt Beth wasn't feeling well so they didn't go out for Easter lunch. He laughed at my pronunciation of the Polish Easter greeting. He spelled it Weso L'ych Alleluia and tried to explain how to say the L with the check mark over it like a W. Whew!
I went on ebay yesterday just to see how much opening day tickets are going for and some weren't bad but it was early in the bidding war. You could buy them outright for $500. We have tickets for Wed and Friday as well but since it is a 1pm game Bill can't go. Do you want to come in again one of those days and go with me from Manchster?
Alice, your kids said they would come through for your anniversary. Glad it was available! What hotel are you staying at this weekend?
Deb, we`re staying at the Dearborn Inn. Do you want to get together? We`ll have to pick a place and time beforehand, you know what happened at Petoskey. Jim and Connor have a room there for Friday and Brenda and Kim are still looking around,they were all booked up by time they called. John and Paul and Charlie are coming in for the Sunday game. The games on Fri. are at 7 and 9:30 PM and we don`t know the time on Sun. yet. We plan to go to the Ford Museum Sat. morning -afternoon, Bill wants to visit his sister, we should be free for dinner Sat. Rich wants Bill to call him, too. I`m hoping to hit one of the casinos, but I heard that the weekend crowd is pretty wild.
Patty, I think I could make it for the Friday game. Is there a place we could meet at, instead of me coming to your house? Bill would like to come, too and he could drop me off, and go do his thing. Unless we have another snowstorm, like today! Bah Humbug!
Alicee, are you having more snow? It's dark here but no flakes yet!
Yes, I was actually thinking that if you came down 94 I could meet you at the park & ride at the Chelsea/Manchester exit. Or if Bill has a better spot closer to Detroit that would be ok too. I don't know if any tickets are available for that game but we could check if anyone else wants to go. Remember though, it may be freezing!
I am talking about Friday, April 4 gametime 1pm.
Man, it's cold out there today! Feels like January. Let me think about where we could meet, sis. After we pick a place, we could let Rich know. How about the old Buddy's pizza in Detroit? That way, you might be able to hit the casino on the way back to Dearborn. What time is good for you on Saturday?
I think 6PM would be okay, did you mean the Buddy`s on Conant? What a crazy day yesterday, first we got 4 hours of snow, then 2 hours of freezing rain, then rain, by 6PM it was 48 degrees and windy. Looks like some more snow coming in Thurs. and Fri. Help! Help! Looks like I get to use that Tigers scarf that you got me. I`ll wear my longjohns under the shirt.
Patty, I haven`t got to talk to Bill as to where to meet up as yet. We usually go down 96 to Detroit.
GREAT PHOTO Patty! Beautiful Baby Julianna.....so sweet.... Proud Grandparents and Papa too...
Made me feel all warm and fuzzy (in spite of our unusual March snows.... wasn't that just a few years ago?
Patty, Bill said that that exit would be a good place to meet. We`ll go 96- 127-94. What time do we have to meet you? Depending on the weather, Bill plans to find a museum or a biking trail close by. Any ideas?
Deb, eating at Buddy`s would be a treat for us. I didn`t know that place was still there. I have your cell phone no. if we get delayed. It will be only Bill and I for dinner. Bill will call Rich Sat. morning. 6 PM--Buddy`s--Conant location.
OK, we haven't been to that location in about a year, so I checked on the website: http://www.buddyspizza.com and it is still listed. I have some coupons... See you then!
LOVE THE PHOTO!!!!!
Patty, can you e-mail me the photo so I can store it in my hard drive along with my other photos. Thanks!
Alice, I'm testing to see how Jim is able to comment. He must have a google account or else uses some other way in the "choose an identity" under the "leave a comment" box. He doesn't appear on the list of contributors or on the galanskifamily google group site. Eric doesn't appear in the contributors but he is in the galanskifamily google group so he does have a google account. Neither of their comments get emailed to us though and we may miss them unless we figure it out.
I don't think I can. Anybody with any ideas?
How does Jim do it??
Post a Comment