Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday

This is an art picture that Bill took a few days ago when things were melting.
Today the snow on the bird feeder is 5-6" and the birds are so confused. Did you read about all the ducks along Lake St. Clair that died and they found that it was lack of food not pollution.
I'm putting out some of the Easter stuff....old memories and the snow falling down is so perfect for slowing down and remembering good times.
Folks in warmer climates just can't imagine this snow storm tonight. There has to be 10 inches out there already and it is still coming down strong!
Remember getting a new dress and shoes and having to put on the old dirty winter coat on over it to go to church Easter morning.
The storm started around 3 pm here and I used to sing in the church choir for the Good Friday service and the weather usually was pretty strange around 3pm! Or am I just thinking that?
I'm listening to a new Jackson Browne CD...solo acoustic vol. 2. Number 1 was more songs that I knew and these are more recent....'93 on, but very nice.

Dinner is on. Julianna made sweet potatoe enchiladas!!

Enjoy what ever you do this Easter. Take a picture.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, it's snowing pretty heavily here, has been since about 4 PM.

Remember going to church on Saturday to bless the food in the Easter basket? One year, a man accidentally stepped in our basket. I remember being there with Marty, and I was pretty young. It was funny, but I remember being angry at him because he stepped on the butter lamb! Those were always my favorite. I wouldn't have cared if it was the hard boiled eggs...Happy Easter, dear family!

Alice said...

Yes, we have the snow here, too. Started coming down about 3 PM. How did Ma get all that food ready for noon on Sat. to be blessed? To this day, I don`t like the smell of Easter Lillies, it reminds me of carrying that pot on Sunday, I think it was a 6 AM mass. I often think of what my kids will remember when they are old. All the traditions that we had growing up have mostly vanished. I`m so glad we have this blog, so that I can reminisce with the Ole folks!

dona said...

We only got 4 inches (only...... we'd like our real spring back too... but this morning the leaf buds on the lilacs are green! Hold on ladies, it's comin'

REgarding the ducks I didn't hear that! (went camping in Myrtle beach for a week)

They had a show on Canadian TV about bird species that are currently becoming extinct due to the same situation! Some are reduced by 80%! This climate change thing is scary.. and happening quickly!

As for the Delfino's @ holiday times we were always glad to have Grandma in the house.. she brought a stability and tradition... we were fascinated.

Seems like in those days at least, people left a lot of tradition behind when they left relatives and neighbors.. I remember hitch hiking to the beach on Xmas weekend (they were more sleepy beach towns in the early 60's..) and a plastic lifesize Santa was in the town intersection with some lites strung around him... In 70, 80 degrees, he just didn't carry the same 'weight'!